Sunday, January 22, 2006

Texas de Brazil

I may be stealing my wife's thunder with respect to restaurant reviews, but I went to Texas de Brazil the other night on a vendor's tab and wasn't impressed. The novelty has worn off and with a few exceptions, you're just eating overcooked meat. I asked for some rare lamb and received a chunk of meat that was better suited for a fat sandwich. Additionally, I don't necessarily like the meat-carriers descending on me like a pack of wolves as soon as I go "green". I still managed to get shitfaced on a couple of bottles of wine and about four after-dinner scotches (should have been two after-dinner scotches, but the bartender was a chintzy fucker.) I think this place is a one trick pony useful for out-of-town guests that like gimmckry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fat Sandwich . . please explain

Steve said...

Fat Sandwich - one year at the lake we smoked this brisket. There were some guys there we didn't know very well and were pretty fucked up. We carved all the fat off this brisket and put it on a bun, covered with lots of barbecue sauce and gave it to one of the dudes we didn't know. Thinking it was a proper brisket sandwich, he dug in. The sauce buffaloed him as to the real contents of the sandwich. He chewed and chewed. After about ten minutes of chewing, we came clean. Come to think of it, the guy looked a bit like Sam Kinison...

Dick Logan said...

I was there during the cutting, presentation, and ultimate rejection of the Fat Sandwich. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon and everyone involved had probably polished off a 6-pack. I don't recall why we singled out this guy--he just needed to be fucked with. If memory serves, the eater of the Fat Sandwich would have downed the whole thing if he wasn't informed of the ingredients.

But back to the churrascaria theme. Whenever I go to one, I've pretty much committed to carrying around a meat fart-like aroma for 2 days. All you can eat at the Salt Lick in Driftwood is a kissing cousin.