Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I don't know what to say about this...

Laura Bush, on her taste in music vis-a-vis the President:

"He likes country music a little bit more than I do, although I actually really am very fond of country music, as well," she said. "One of the songs on my IPod that I love is Dolly Parton singing 'Stairway to Heaven.' So that's sort of a combination, country and pop."

I understand the first quote: Laura making sure she doesn't alienate any cookie-baking southern women who enjoy Toby singing "We'll put a boot in your ass."

But that bit about Dolly Parton singing Stairway and the result being a combination of country and pop? I need some help. Someone please explain this to me...

2 comments:

Dick Logan said...

But he did include John Fogherty's "Centerfield," from his solo work. Try clearing brush with that song stuck in your head.

MJ said...

Who the hell wants to listen Stairway to Heaven again regardless who is singing?