Friday, January 06, 2006

Hooked 'Em

I think Samuel L. Jackson needs to send Vince Young his "Bad Motherfucker" wallet. Vince is a total badass who has a storied history of rising to the occasion and did so in spades Wednesday night.

Maybe it was just the epic struggle he had just been through, but I thought Matt Leinart was a bit of a sourpuss in post-game interviews. He kept referring to Vince Young as a "freak of nature" and declaring that they were a better team that "lost" rather than Texas "winning." I think I was watching a different game. If I've ever seen any team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, it was Texas on Wednesday night.

Now, as an A&M alum I've had to progress through a slew of rationalizations to end up as a fever pitch Texas supporter. I think what finally put me over the edge was the simple fact that the state of Texas produces so much talent, it's bullshit that we haven't had a national champ in 35 years. If it's Texas, so be it. However, given that I had a little bet on the game, I still considered it a win-win situation. If Texas lost, I could revert to being a snarky Aggie gigging the Longhorns about Mack Brown not being able to win the big one. That would have been worth the price of the bet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the only other game I would have rooted for the longhorns, other than Texas-OU.