Monday, March 20, 2006

Sopranos Talk: Spoiler Ahead

So what's going to happen to Tony Soprano? I figured in last night's episode he'd be recuperating and plotting what to do with Junior. Now it's brain damage? I can't believe there will be 18 more episodes with James Gandolfini on a ventilator.

Are they following the leads of Six Feet Under and Deadwood where they have significant episodes where the main characters are comatose. Let me state for the record that I oppose this. However, it was kinda funny seeing Tony dress and speak like a midwestern salesman during last night's dream sequence.

Additionally, I'd be interested to know how "Big Love" is going over in Utah from our Sagebrush State correspondent, Dick Logan.

1 comment:

Dick Logan said...

I had to avert my eyes because I haven't seen that episode of the Sopranos yet. I was in Kauai for 9 days, and had 8 days of heavy rain, and one day of sun. I used sunscreen one time.

I like the idea behind Big Love... But while the Sopranos feels realistic, Big Love bears almost no resemblance to how polygamy is practiced by the roughly 50,000 people along the Utah/Arizona border. First, the women are a bit, how should I put it...homely. They live in shacks--single wide trailers in the desert, raising new home schooled ignorant religious fanatics. The creepiest aspect is how regularly girls who are 14 to 16 years old have arranged marriages with 45 year old dudes. In a nutshell: the dudes are pervs, the girls are brainwashed, and it's all sanctioned by god. Hmm. Let's make a show about that.