Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hope is on the way...

...for all of you whose next breath hangs on my every blogging word. The insurance check for the robbery has arrived and the new laptop is on the way. Hopefully this will result in more frequent posts.

This morning on the way to work I'm listening to the Underground Garage on Sirius and Husker Du's 'Dead Set on Destruction" comes on. I think this was off Candy Apple Gray. In my end-of-year post, I proclaimed 2005 for me as a year of pre-punk, punk, and post-punk. It was a big miss on my part not to have included more Husker Du in 2005 as they are a perfect exemplar of the post-punk sound. I had a Tandy 1000HD computer in college that was pretty much good for one thing - Jack Nicklaus Golf. A great weekday combination was Husker Du's Candy Apple Gray, Jack Nicklaus Golf, Red Man Golden Blend, and cold beer.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Was there a large orange couch near by?

Dick Logan said...

Have you read "Our Band Could Be Your Life" by Michael Azerrad? They have an excellent history of Husker Du, as well as other groups like Dinosaur Jr. and the Replacements.

I would put Dinosaur's first record, and Dinosaur jr's "You're Living All Over Me" in the same category as "Candy Apple Gray" and "Warehouse."

Steve said...

I've heard some Rocket from the Crypt on Sirius and it rocks like a motherfucker. You got any advice on CD's?

Steve said...

This looks like another good book on post punk.