Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympic Survey

My experience with the Winter Olympics has been limited to a couple of women's hockey games, the Bode meltdown in the downhill, and snippets of other silly sports like Nordic Combined. I really enjoy watching the women's hockey because the game is a tick slower than the NHL and, therefore, allows you concentrate on the entire ice and see plays develop rather than just following the puck.

In general, the Winter Olympics appear to be specially designed for gay white people. In this vein, I ask you, the readers, to render an opinion on the gayest Winter Olympic sport. Feel free to comment as anonymous if your afraid of the political correctness police.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

two man luge

Steve said...

My thoughts exactly. Men's figure skating is the obvious answer, but that luge in unstable.

I read that one of the men's figure skaters was performing a routine to Swan Lake. He wore an orange glove on one hand to symbolize the swan's beak.

MJ said...

I was watching the Today show 2/15 and Matt and Al were going got for a spin on the luge course. They were starting from the ladies. . .tee? So picture what I was dealing with while trying to eat breakfast. Al lying on Matt zipping down the women’s course, to me that was the gayest.

Dick Logan said...

Nothing much to add, except this quote from Johnny Weir:

"I know that a lot of people, especially the more Republican-style people, are very afraid of what I mean to the sport and what I'm going to say, what kind of revolutionary, crazy things are going to come out of my mouth. Good for them, they should be scared."

Everything is political now, even, er...men's figure skating.