Thursday, February 16, 2006

Beak boy Update

I commented on the men's skater who wore an orange glove to represent a swan's beak in the gay sport thread. Well, I think the men's two-man luge has some major competition. Turns out beak-boy is American Johnny Weir. I encourage all interested parties to read this article. A sampling:

"I don't like to be called a jock," Weir told NBC. I don't really see that Johnny Weir needs to lose any sleep over that particular concern. But he continued: "That makes me think of spandex-covered football players. It's not - not me. I'm in rhinestones and velvet, not spandex."

Nobody understood what the single red glove was all about. Johnny Weir wore that glove during his figure-skating short program Tuesday. When asked what it meant, he explained that the glove was the beak. And he was the swan. That explained it all right. Weir also announced that he named the glove "Camille." It's a good name for a glove.

No comments: