Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Drunk Cheney Conspiracy continued

From the LA Times article:

The Secret Service said it had turned away one sheriff's deputy at the ranch the night of the accident because arrangements had been made for Cheney to be interviewed the following morning, Associated Press said.

Right. If I'd shot someone, I'm sure I could make an appointment with the cops.

The party of 11 hunters set out in two trucks Saturday morning, driving around the mesquite-dotted property and shooting quail until about 12:30 p.m., said Anne Armstrong, co-owner of the ranch. Then they broke for a lunch of antelope, jicama salad and camp bread, washed down with Dr. Pepper.

Nothing goes with jicama and antelope quite like -er, uh- Dr. Pepper?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I decided to work blue tonight on account of the Belvedere martinis, but here's my comment:

Yes he may have been drunk, it seems the last time I was "blasted", I too, wanted to "spray" some "birds" with my "shotgun". Thank you very much, I am here all week, make sure to "tip" your waitresses.

Dick Logan said...

Two things:

1) The Cheney camp has implied that it was Whittington's fault that he got shot, because he did not announce himself to the group. I've only hunted birds a handful of times, but I was under the impression that the person holding the shotgun is responsible for knowing where all members of his group are.

2) How can an armed person get within 30 yards of the Vice without someone noticing?

Anyone else besides Scott McClellan wearing hunter orange today?