Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WNC Podcast

I've been consume with podcasts for the past couple of years. Every day at work and at night I'd consume all of the best radio and internet audio possible. Basically, podcasts are Tivo for radio and internet audio. True on-demand listening. I've been in a bit of a lull lately...I'm way behind on "Wait, wait don't tell me" from NPR and "Anything you ever wanted to know" from KERA.

I guess KERA was the closest thing I'd ever listened to that approximated local content. I've been reading the local blogs now for several months and have recommended many of them to you. Especially West and Clear, which brings various FW bloggers together. They're the Led Zeppelin of FW bloggers. Well, since a few of them drop by here every now and again and I'd hate for them to get big heads, maybe they're the Asia of FW bloggers. Anyhow, they do a weekly podcast that I just got caught up with. They cover all FW local issues political, recreational, gustatorial, etc. So, podcast veterans and novices should check 'em out here.

Guys, if you need someone to sit in, I'll buy the beer (and it won't be Lone Star.)

6 comments:

Steve-O said...

Steve,

Thanks for the nice words. Drop us a line and you can guest star with us anytime you want.

And actually, I think we are the Foghat of FW bloggers. IJS.

Peace out!

Steve-O

pete g said...

Come on over....I've always believed that we were the Whitesnake of FW Bloggers. Steve-O is our David Coverdale, especially with his flowing locks. Not sure who the Robert Plant is in the analogy tho.

--Pete G

Unknown said...

We're the Traveling Wilburys of FW Bloggers. Steve is Dylan, and the rest of us fill in where appropriate.

Pete W

Bernie said...

You guys are all full of sh!#...

We are obviously the Styx of FW bloggers. We're the greatest bloggers ever, and we only catch a bad rap because most critics are cynical a-holes.

Steve said...

If you guys are the Styx of FW Bloggers than I'd lke to think I'm Iggy Pop + about 150 lbs. I have a few Stooges too. But I'm probably more of a Gram Parsons.

Unknown said...

Then it's settled; Steve is the Alan Parsons Project + 150 lbs.

The rest of us are Ziggy Stardust.