Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Technological Convergence

As I'm slowly getting back to normal after the holidays, I have to admit that I'm facinated by the technological convergence we've seen this season with smartphones, iPhones, wi-fi enabled iPods, and the like. One of these days we'll have true robust convergence of all of these devices with richer content. But, I have to admit, I didn't see this particular feature as part of my dream device:

You know what a bother it is to carry both your MP3 music player and your Taser gun?
Worry no more.
Today at CES, Taser International introduced the Taser MPH -- the first combination hand-held music player and Taser.
The player, which has a 1-GB capacity that can hold about 150 songs, is embedded in a holster that slips on your belt. Feel the need to zap someone and you can unholster the Taser, use the built-in laser pointer to aim, and blam -- a couple of darts carrying 50,000 volts hits your victim.
And you don't have to miss a beat.


What's next? GPS enabled handgun?

No comments: