Friday, April 04, 2008

Poll Summaries

I sincerely want to thank everyone that voted in the polls. I know some polls were slightly frivolous, while others were dead serious. I wouldn't ask for your response if I was genuinely interested in your response. I've recently made this blog public. That may or may not increase traffic, but I'll still be posting anonymous polls (and they are completely anonymous, I have no idea on anyone's votes unless I ask.) So now to the results....most important first:

Bigfoot: Vote tightened toward the end. We're inside the margin of error, so I don't think we're going to be breaking news on the Bigfoot front, despite my purposely vague question. I know we had at least one Phd in Biology or some such vote against. We also had one guy that watched a very compelling show on the Sci-Fi channel vote for. So that balances out.

Guns for Students: I think we can safely infer that, among our demographic, college kids shouldn't be packing heat.

Grandparents vs. Drinkers: by 2:1 people would rather run the gauntlet of folks that my have had a couple of pops than octagenarians.

Gladiators vs. Clean Athletes: by 2:1 folks would rather see clean athletes than cheaters. Good luck. I guess Hollywood stars shouldn't have plastic surgery either.

Hillary at first was clearly electable, but the more she threw her kitchen sink at Obama, the worse her electability numbers, ending up about 50/50 in this demo. As an anti-Republican and an Obama supporter, I think she and her husband are carrying too much baggage. Recent polls say the same. It's becoming more and more evident that with her this is a campaign of ego and destiny rather than what's best for America.

Obama is a little less than 2:1 electable. There's still a block out there that doesn't feel like he can pull it off. Anecdotally, my conversations with Democrats still think that America won't vote for a black man.

We've got a couple still open, so please participate.

No comments: