Monday, November 21, 2005

May I recycle that coffee for you sir?

Saturday morning I received a wake up call to have breakfast. As I don’t normally have breakfast out I quickly declined. Later, I realized that Rip Van Steve wasn’t going to wake up until much much later in the weekend. I decided to go and experience breakfast. BIG MISTAKE!! I was still slightly under the influence of the Sapphire Lounge so I may not have been making the best decisions for myself. I headed to Old South Pancake House, a place I have previously gone only at the end of my evening in high school. Not at the beginning of my day. Upon arriving, my dining companions informed me that there was a good chance catching Hepatitis C. This is not the way you want to start out breakfast. Apparently they had been served coffee in a ‘gently used’ coffee mug. I don’t mean it wasn’t brand new I mean that some one quite recently had been drinking coffee out of it and some of it was still in the cup. Ewwww! I could go on about what we ate but really. .at this point it just doesn’t matter. It is safe to assume I will not make this mistake twice. I should have known. It did break one of my dining rules. No bar. The time being before noon I didn’t think I should have stick with this rule. I was wrong. There are other rules but this one should have ruled our Old South quickly.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Well, you went at least. And people say you're not open minded.