Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer

All I've got is rhetorical questions...

How did this knucklehead think he wasn't going to get caught? He's the most famous white-collar crimefighter in America and now the Governor of NY freakin' State? Think he may have made a few enemies along the way that have the means to get some dope on him? He makes his name busting Wall St. crooks and he doesn't think they will hire a P.I.? Everyone gets caught. How can the hoi polloi think they are so far above the law?

It saddens me that a true crusader against corporate graft gets taken down by his own hubris. I expect it from congressional bribetakers that have always bent over backwards for they corporate chieftans.

And he gets brought down on a wiretap. Word to all that seek to evade the police: watch The Wire, seasons 1-5. The hoppers on the streets of Baltimore are smarter than the Harvard Law educated Governor of New York.

Makes me miss the passing of The Wire even more.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

I saw this headline and was not surprised in the least. In my limited experience with those in positions of corporate power, it takes a certain kind of personality to wield large amounts of power successfully ... and that personality often has a side recklessness that needs to be expressed. Even Jimmy Carter had lust in his heart...

Steve said...

I think I was born cynical. A cage I would like to escape. But this kind of shit makes it very difficult.