Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Maps and Legends

Thanks to Mike D. for posting in my absence. Please feel free to keep posting.

I just returned from a very nice trip to Chicago. Upon arrival, I received this very interesting link to a site that builds upon some of the interesting maps from the 2004 election that poo-poo the idea of red and blue states by showing actual results adjusted for population density (or as purple, as I like to call myself.) These maps show the countries of the world adjusted in size for over 100 different indices like 2050 populataion, tobacco and alcohol exports, grain imports, and the like. Obviously the US doesn't show well for exports. The map I would really like to see would show net service exports where I think we would look pretty well...or maybe investment.

No comments: