Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hooray for Checks and Balances

I'm lighting a victory cigar and hoisting a celebratory cocktail in favor of the return of government as the founders meant. While I'm sure many of the Democrat's lawyers are gearing up for the Virginia recount, I hope some of them are sober and at their offices typing up subpoenas for Dick Cheney. In the next week, I hope to light another cigar celebrating the firing of Rumsfeld.

Texas, as usual, is a severe disappointment. More Kay and more pollution from Joe Farton.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This turned out better than I expected. And if Kinky and the Tough Grandma had bowed out of the gubernatorial race, Governor Goodhair might have even been turned away. MikeD, I don't understand your aversion to Chris Bell. Frankly, anyone who had a role in Tom DeLay's political demise (I hope I'm not overstating the case) gets my vote. Anyway, light up those cigars.

Anonymous said...

One of the more bizarre stories of the night was former Texas legislator (and former law-school classmate of mine) Rick Green allegedly assaulting Patrick Rose at the polls in Dripping Springs. Green is a self-styled Christian conservative who lost to Rose a few years back amid some allegedly questionable dealings by Green. Green reportedly yelled that Rose was a "big baby" and that he needed to "stop lying." WWJD?

Anonymous said...

P.S. The 2002 race between Green and Rose (both of whom were in their 20's or very early 30's at the time) is the subject of a movie called "Last Man Standing." I haven't seen it, but I think I might just rent it after this latest misadventure.

Anonymous said...

Regarding Chris Bell, he is a fraud, and only interested in "holding any public office", trust this anymous post, it's well informed.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, I meant.